The Official Final Fantasy XIV Discussion Thread

The only way to keep your kids (and you) at home and away from criminal activities.
Vincent

The Official Final Fantasy XIV Discussion Thread

Post by Vincent »

Hello folks,

I am a former WoW-addict and have successfully went cold-turkey for almost a year plus.

However, I am still very much into MMORPGs and Final Fantasy XIV has taken my interest.

Many of my former WoW guild members (Imperial Force, Singapore) have quit WoW, in the anticipation for FFXIV's debut (most of us came from FFXI anyway).

Join Us on Facebook
If you have a computer or a PS3, love MMORPGs (FFXIV in this case), feel free to join our Facebook group, TGIF - SG (FFXIV), and we can all hang out in Eorzea.

Guild/Linkshell Membership
1. Members to be from Singapore/Western Australia time-zone (Singapore is GMT+8)
This is to facilitate guild events in the evenings.

2. Family commitments > FFXIV
Duh~ Because we are more of a casual group of players than anything.

3. Ages +18 and up
I have a tendency (and some other members) to talk about the weirdest things in the world. I call it the "Afterdark Chat".

4. Mature and willing to learn
Most of us in the guild are already half-way in the coffin, so we have something against teenage angst (especially a few of us already have teenage children as well).

5. More to come...

Hardware Requirement
1. PC (check post below for benchmark software to evaluate your current system) or PS3

2. Voice communication software + Headset
We are still discussing whether we will be using Ventrilo (PC) for FFXIV... I personally feel that PS3 voice chat system is a disappointment (been using it for White Knight Chronicles).
My Social and Gaming Network
Facebook: vincent.chlin
PSN: Akitsukii (US)
STEAM: chlin05@magix.com.sg
Remember to leave a message or comment to say who you are... I don't accept blind requests.
Vincent

Re: The Official Final Fantasy XIV Discussion Thread

Post by Vincent »

Significant Videos

2010 Final Fantasy XIV E3 Trailer

2010 Final Fantasy XIV E3 Live Report - with Producer, Hiromichi Tanaka showing off the Beta battle system (significantly different from the Alpha battle system)

2010 Final Fantasy XIV "Mission Impossible" - showing the Beta Character Creation process... with bad acting.

Downloads

2010 Final Fantasy XIV Official Benchmark
My Social and Gaming Network
Facebook: vincent.chlin
PSN: Akitsukii (US)
STEAM: chlin05@magix.com.sg
Remember to leave a message or comment to say who you are... I don't accept blind requests.