Pokemon Black and White

The only way to keep your kids (and you) at home and away from criminal activities.
Pictor

Pokemon Black and White

Post by Pictor »

Anyone got their hands on this? I heard it's pretty refreshing for a Pokemon title.

I got SoulSilver purely based on nostalgia, and I'm thinking about getting one of these games. So, Black vs. White?
SavviG

Re: Pokemon Black and White

Post by SavviG »

I haven't got HeartGold, did want it. But when I heard about Black and White I waited for that instead.

Black and White came out on the 4th here. I got my copy on the 3rd and played it on the 5th.

It's different from the older gens. The move from 2D to 3D is pretty clear from Pokemon Platinum.

Pokemon
They're now full bodied sprites front and back. You see them in full befor the battle zooms in and out. Battles seems a tad slower, you can feel the short pause before a attack. Compared to Platinum, the speed in attacking between turns is slightly faster.

If you want to have a faster battle, you could turn off the battle animation like before, though wheres the fun in that? :)

The naming convention of these Pokemons is pretty much what they are or combined with a word. Like Pig + Tepid = Tepig, Pig + Ignite = Pignite. Wordplay more than anything else.

Gameplay, well, its the same sort of gameplay with the previous gens. You go battle, collect, train/grind, trade, cry.

What brings people liking this game is the fresh design. That's was I think.
The game is slow moving to a more of 3D space. Also the connectivity to other players has advanced yet again. Go online to do battle, trade, chat or what not.

Dream world or whatever,
The game connects to a site somehow and well, it's not up yet at pokemon-gl.com.
It updates the game aswell apparently. Changing one of the Starter pokemons pokebody/special ability. Neat. Not alot known about the Dream thing. Seems pretty cool. I think it's online gaming?

Restarting, never have to fear to let your younger siblings to play and that they save over your data with a new game. It won't let you. You have to delete the existing game before you can! Nice little feature.

I havent gone through it a whole bunch, you could say that I'm still naming my character...

Get it and try it out, if you don't like it you could always trade it back XD
Twitter SavviMaple
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

I NEED A GASTLY.

THAT'S ALL I WANTED.

I actually played through White twice just to have a shot of getting him in White Forest.

Yes, ALL of it. Twice. But he's not appearing! All my friends are idiots who play the game on emulators. Trading is out of the question...
SavviG

Post by SavviG »

A lot of people got to the end game pretty fast.
I myself only just got to the third Gym Leader.
I guess I just spend too much time on it. ^^;

Ghastly is cool, I prefer it's second evo, Haunter. :]
Twitter SavviMaple
Sentrovasi

Post by Sentrovasi »

I'm playing with my friends. We all have the actual game so I already have people in my White Forest. I got kinda bored, though. Maybe it's Pokemon ennui settling in; after all, I already have a well-trained and -bred team in HeartGold and SoulSilver, so it's a little bewildering to have to train a whole new set of Pokemon (PokeTransfer notwithstanding).

The storyline is cool and all, and having infinite uses of a TM is handy, but so many new things to learn before I'm set to battle my friends again is like relearning your favourite subject only to learn they changed everything you knew not enough to warrant learning everything over again but just enough so you keep making annoying mistakes :<

Also, I worked HARD for all my Battle Frontier items in HGSS, darnit D:
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

I wasn't sure if I should restart a new thread. I guess there's no such thing a thread necromancy around here.

Anyway, I'm stuck in my school town for various reasons (I live in a different town than I go to school, they're about 3 hours and $50 train rides apart, so I can't just go back and forth as I please). Starting a new run of the Pokemon Blaze Black/ Volt White hack, just because I have time to kill while before I get back home.

I'm thinking about doing a lineup based on LN characters (like just about everything I do now). Claim a Pokemon for a character! One per person, if possible. The hack lets you catch all 649, so there's no limits to what you can/ cannot call.
SavviG

Post by SavviG »

hahaha, this is getting into a bit of a habit now isn't it, naming characters after LN :P

I would name...
Umbreon - Blacky
Twitter SavviMaple
marcien

Post by marcien »

BLACK AND WHITE VERSION TWO IS OUT TODAY.

my friend collected my black2 preorder for me (since i am stuck in school doing work on a sunday).

ohoohohooho going to play when i return to bunk. picking oshawott as starter (because my friends are picking tepig and snivy).
[img]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/1452/assignment23.jpg[/img]
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

Just ordered mine today online.

Earliest arrival is 12th.

Maaaaaaaaan.
SavviG

Post by SavviG »

I dunno if I should get this game.
Tempting, very tempting. XD
Twitter SavviMaple
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

キタ━━━━━━(゜∀゜)━━━━━━!!!!!

Now for the most crucial decision...!

Do I play as a guy or a girl?!
marcien

Post by marcien »

it doesn't matter. the boy sprite looks like a girl with ponytail neeways
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

Girl sprite has dat ass.
marcien

Post by marcien »

so, like pictor, i started catching pokemon and naming them after characters. i met with two male swadloons and caught them.

each named after rp charas in LN and in the (finished) hungerstuck rp.

and i noticed one of them was holding something.

PERFECT. and that's why he is immune to hailey.