Re: What did you do today?

Post by marcien »

on the third time taking this bloody project module:
I FINALLY PASSED!!
[img]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/1452/assignment23.jpg[/img]
Sentrovasi

Post by Sentrovasi »

Oh, wow. Congratulations! I dunno if you meant that to be jubilant or just a kind of frustration but either way it's something good so yay for you.
SavviG

Post by SavviG »

martia wrote:on the third time taking this bloody project module:
I FINALLY PASSED!!
*clap clap clap!*

Congratulations! :D

I saw the animation you posted up on Tumblr, :P Good stuff!
Twitter SavviMaple
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

Still stuck in London (my school town... named after the actual place in the UK; we do love the Queen, after all), waiting for various information to come down from my Student Services.

Killing time by killing orphans.

Naw just kidding. I don't think this place even has an orphanage. In fact, it doesn't have much of anything in general. Except TREES, maybe. We have a whole lotta TREES here. Even if there WERE orphans, I'm very certain they'd destroy someone as lanky as me.

In the meantime, I'm drawing, replaying Pokemon, and puking my guts out at my disgustingly pathetic life to pass the time.

Is there like a service that hosts a permanent net-drawing canvas somewhere? Like a free-for-all oekaki board that we can sketch up when we're bored and leave it for others to see/ contribute/ vandalize? Anything to give me something extra to check in the mornings.

Or whenever I find myself waking up. Seriously, I have no sleep schedule anymore. I go to bed when I feel tired and wake up whenever it feels good. This sucks. I need a job.
AYC

Post by AYC »

Pictor wrote:Is there like a service that hosts a permanent net-drawing canvas somewhere? Like a free-for-all oekaki board that we can sketch up when we're bored and leave it for others to see/ contribute/ vandalize? Anything to give me something extra to check in the mornings.
Once upon a time, didn't we have this?

http://www.takamin.com/oekakichat/user/ ... rid=316721

I don't know about how "permanent" it is, but the fact that it still exists in general after all these years says plenty. Maybe I'll just make a scribble on it and see if it's still there after a few hours, haha.
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

It clears every night, I think.
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

MotMithra

Post by MotMithra »

... ._____.''
I kind of forgot this place existed.
I'm going through my bookmarks and clearing them out. Which means I deleted almost all of my old bookmarks except this and iScribble (a paint chat with [boards that last like forever]).

I'm currently trying to get through Homestuck.
I still play League of Legends, and I recently started playing Eden Eternal. I'm waiting for SMITE and Spirit Tales.
AYC

Post by AYC »

Question: Has anyone ever had a dream about NNK?

... No? Just me?

Because I just woke up from a really weird one. For some reason or another everyone was making noodles for "Pictor" because he was sick or malnourished or something. Or more specifically "martia" and I were making noodles, everyone else was making flour with rock pestles, and the supposedly sick man in question was hunched over somewhere, spamming the boards with LN related goodies.

It was really, really, amazingly weird.

I'm starting to wonder if the pickled vegetables my roommates made last night created hallucinatory symptoms rather than the food poisoning we suspected...
Last edited by AYC on Mon May 07, 2012 6:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

AYC wrote:Qthe supposedly sick man in question was hunched over somewhere, spamming the boards with LN related goodies.
It couldn't possibly be me. I always make sure to assume proper posture when trolling.

I think I may have had a few NNK related dreams, but I can't immediately recall the details for any except one. It was about us playing a war game kinda like Risk, except is was real(?). Everyone was a country's leader, with different conflicting ideals. Except me; I was a simple no-name infantry grunt soldier. Each faction had a different specialization. There was one that bred mutant warriors, one that had robots and tech. The faction I belonged to didn't have any special traits, but our leader was brilliant and cunning, so we kept up with the other countries by sheer superior military tactics.

The country I served was a dictatorship. Its leader was a girl, and I think one of you guys (don't remember much anymore, but ALL the faction leaders were NNK members). Surprisingly, it wasn't an oppressive dictatorship and the common opinion was that we had a benevolent leader. However, our uniforms looked pretty evil, with your standard nazi Germany-esque black and red with fancy embroidery and high leather boots. Another soldier asked me about it, and I responded something along the lines of "the leader isn't evil, but evil dresses better."

The "battlefield" was a bizarre amalgamation of realistic terrain and a drawn map, kind of like a board game. Our soldiers were outfitted with an augmented vision system that made everything appear like an FPS, with a health gauge, ammo display, and a radar. Come to think of it, it was around the time when BF3 came out too. I didn't own the game personally, but I played it a bunch with my roommates.

Thinking back, this would make a fun tale, haha. We've got some military guys here, too.
AYC

Post by AYC »

Pictor wrote:The country I served was a dictatorship. Its leader was a girl, and I think one of you guys (don't remember much anymore, but ALL the faction leaders were NNK members).
I like how you said the boss was a girl and then subsequently referred to them as guys ;D
Maybe this kind of sort of maybe implies that even in our land of fantasies, martia is still reigning supreme commander, haha. After Aki, of course. If it was martia.

This sounds cool though! It is a level of coolness that can only be pulled off through a dream.

A long time ago (I can't remember when), I had a dream about Team NNK in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. I don't remember the details very well, but it was awesome. Someone (definitely one of our very manly NNK guys) came rumbling out of the bush in stolen jeep and nearly ran me over. Even in my dreams I can't stop living life on the edge apparently.
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

AYC wrote:
Pictor wrote:The country I served was a dictatorship. Its leader was a girl, and I think one of you guys (don't remember much anymore, but ALL the faction leaders were NNK members).
I like how you said the boss was a girl and then subsequently referred to them as guys ;D
"You guys" as in "the gang". I was pointing out that the leader of my faction was s female and also one of "you guys". I thought girls said "you guys" when referring to friends too? The ones around here do.
SavviG

Post by SavviG »

You know you are addicted to NNK when you start dreaming NNK. ;)

I not had a NNK dream, means I am, safe? Better touch wood incase I have Mother-K visiting my dreams with a butcher's knife...

I had Zombies dreams lately.
I don't think I lived in any of them. >_>

AYC, Jeep? Oh man, I recall a old dream that I drove a jeep away from a infected town, was a awesome ride, I made it out alive.

Pictor, you have some awesome sounding dreams. :D

I imagine Martia will have dreams like... Homestuck x NNK mash up? XD
Twitter SavviMaple
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

SavviG wrote:I imagine Martia will have dreams like... Homestuck x NNK mash up? XD
Don't ask about martia's dreams. You'll stay saner.
marcien

Post by marcien »

Pictor wrote:
SavviG wrote:I imagine Martia will have dreams like... Homestuck x NNK mash up? XD
Don't ask about martia's dreams. You'll stay saner.
aww damn. so i don't get to talk about my dreams huh.
(every few days/weeks, i would spam our martia+pictor+paso whatsapp with walls of text about my dreams. of which no one knows what to say so they just ignore them, mostly.)
but yes, i had an nnk dream before, which involved sent (irl) and pictor (on skype). paso wasn't present much, and ayc and savvi were uncontactable. considering the context of the dream, uncontactable was rather worrisome.
[img]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/1452/assignment23.jpg[/img]
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

Haha, no, I don't ignore them.

If I didn't, I wouldn't be warning other people.

They're just so... bizarre. I think I could write a psycho-analytical thesis on Martia dreamscapes.

Actually, I might pass the topic onto my little sister when she gets ready for her PhD.
SavviG

Post by SavviG »

Now I am curious of Martia's dreams...
Do share one crazy dream with us. I would love to hear it :)
Twitter SavviMaple
Sentrovasi

Post by Sentrovasi »

I think it's the case with most people that the more memorable dreams are the creepier ones :D I'm mostly impressed with some of my dreams where it seems like a typical heroic saving-the-day type dream until the end, when my mind suddenly segues back to all the events that had happened before, and highlights this one crucial detail that suddenly has me realizing that the side I've been serving has been the evil one, or that I single-handedly brought on the zombie apocalypse, or that the people I killed were actually my friends and family. It's mostly impressive because in my dream I'm pretty certain I'd already seen those exact same scenes, so my mind slipping it past itself is a pretty cool achievement imo.

But no, no NNK dreams. Sounds like they'd be fun though :)
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

I've had a lucid dream once. I woke up in my room (in the dream), and suddenly realized things seemed off. Nothing was explicitly out of place, but there was an inkling that all was not right.

Then suddenly it hit me that I was dreaming. I got super pumped.

"Oh shit. Oh fuck. I'm dreaming. I'm dreaming and I'm aware. Alright, cool. Calm yourself. What do you wanna do first? The world... reality itself is yours to command; yours to mold and shape and manipulate like putty. Damn. Let's try walking through this wall. Fuck yea, noclip this shit!"

And then I banged my nose so hard I woke up.

God dammit.
Sentrovasi

Post by Sentrovasi »

Oh, that reminds me I just had something that was close to being a lucid dream this morning, but wasn't. I was playing some game and I suddenly became aware that the game didn't exist in real life and that I therefore was in a dream. I then tried to remember all the particulars about the game so I could make sure it didn't exist when I woke up. But as I tried, for some reason the dream started flooding me with memories of the game existing in real life (and that I'd seen it on store shelves and at my friends' houses, although not actually any memory of ever playing it, I realize now). My in-dream self then became completely secure with the idea that no, I wasn't dreaming, just playing a normal game.

I woke up a short while later, and remembered nothing about the game whatsoever. Was just really bummed.