What did you do today?

Make whatever noise you want to.
Pictor

Re: What did you do today?

Post by Pictor »

Sentrovasi wrote:Just occurred to me to ask.

Have any of you read this?

It's just I was voting for it on some random website and it occurred to me that the only winners of the poll seem to be the ones already famous/established. MSPA, for example, has well over half the votes, which speaks for the community more than anything, really :S
This is pretty freakin' awesome.
SavviG

Post by SavviG »

It has been a very very boring day today... Yawn.... :/
Gamed abit, watched TV, at, watched more TV...

Need to do something more productive I think.

Ah, got work tomorrow so it'll be fun :3

Hmm, I think I should draw something LN related later on. Been itching to drawing thing for a bit hahaha!

(Yawn) I think I'll take a nap since everyone in the house is sleepy... :/
Twitter SavviMaple
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

SavviG wrote:Hmm, I think I should draw something LN related later on. Been itching to drawing thing for a bit hahaha!

(Yawn) I think I'll take a nap since everyone in the house is sleepy... :/
Design some school uniforms for StrayCops! It takes place in late-fall, early winter!
Sentrovasi

Post by Sentrovasi »

Probably going to go to Durham to study in August this year. Taking Law in university, so yeah. But am so conflicted by I mean, it's just so much easier for me, being lazy, to stay in Singapore and stuff. Blaaah.

The kind of thing I think about. What will happen to my weekly DnD sessions? I have a whole epic involving Cecil Leoran the daredevil Factotum with a dozen tools for any situation and a runaway from his noble house with siblings intent on killing him; his love interest who got turned into his sword and familiar; and the half-sister of said love interest, who he had left behind to protect but in the interim years had grown even stronger in combat than him, becoming a Paladin to get over her fear of fighting.

What will happen to them? Admittedly at this point I'm building suboptimally just so I can have a fortress and all kinds of silly story-telling things that shouldn't make a difference in the game, but there's something to be said about building a giant moving fortress with healing ballistas and populating it with people he meets along the way loyal to him to take down the big bad, a fallen god of death and his army of undead creatures.

Also I really feel like DMing a game on the forums sometime, mostly because I have half a module for a campaign I'm slowly building already up but no players to play it :<

Also, world-building for someone else's RP world that he's trying to turn into a DnD setting. But they didn't have as nice a start as Lamentable Nights (i.e. they were a lot more ambitious and tried to change the history of this world from the start, with the RP taking place over a huge expanse, so).
SavviG

Post by SavviG »

Connections is truly a powerful/wonderful thing.

I may have work not long after I get the boot from my currect job.

This time, in London.
Don't know where in London, but I will know soon.

Will be working as a interface designer for a app. project! oh, sounds so fun!
: )

Right, maybe oneday I could learn a few more things about apps. And, maybe... just maybe... LN related app... ^o^
Twitter SavviMaple
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

Nothing like refreshing the NNK frontpage mindlessly over and over hoping silently something has changed. I swear i do it automatically now, without thinking.
SavviG

Post by SavviG »

Pictor wrote:Nothing like refreshing the NNK frontpage mindlessly over and over hoping silently something has changed. I swear i do it automatically now, without thinking.
Haha, glad I'm not the only one doing it ^^;

EDIT:
I just had my haircut, bye bye to (as my mum once said) girly long hair. :D

The barberer was like, "hahaha, see you over summer!" Indeed, or longer... XD

:/ Don't you just hate it when short hair just defies gravity... *pat pat* "stay down!"
Twitter SavviMaple
marcien

Post by marcien »

SavviG wrote:
Pictor wrote:Nothing like refreshing the NNK frontpage mindlessly over and over hoping silently something has changed. I swear i do it automatically now, without thinking.
Haha, glad I'm not the only one doing it ^^;

gpoy.

because irl is so hopeless we can only come back here and stare for security. ' A '
[img]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/1452/assignment23.jpg[/img]
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

So when I initially bought Riven in LoL, my initial thought was:

"Oh wow. Her redeemed skin looks really great. Finally, a female champ that isn't just a titty monster and actually looks like a stoic warrior!"

Just recently my thoughts were more like this:

"Bunny girl Riven? I'm not even thinking twice here. Take all of my money. FUCK YEA. ANYTHING to make this game playable again."

I hate LoL. I really, really do. But why do I keep playing it? Why do I keep spending MONEY on it?!
AYC

Post by AYC »

Haha, you're just like my roommate. She bought Riven without ever playing her before, and then found out she was really, really terrible with her.

And then Bunny Riven comes out:

"You know, I'm really tempted to buy this new Bunny Riven skin..."

"Huh. Why's that?"

"It just looks so nice!"

"What are you, some kind of pervert? A girl buying a skin like that..."

"N-no! I - "

"You're not even good with Riven though, right?"

"B-but - !"

"You don't even play her that much anyway. ._."

"; A ;"

It's pretty terrible. I think I enjoy trolling my friends too much nowadays. Hurr hurr hurr.
Sentrovasi

Post by Sentrovasi »

Honestly, though, Surprise Party Fiddle I understand. Bunny Girl Riven? Not so much. It's because of someone and their DA, wasn't it? I mean, any one of a number of LoL champions could have bunny girl versions made of them, and they chose Riven. Haha, there's something to be said for the serious Riven in a bunny girl outfit, but it's just one niche of moe as opposed to any number of other characters.

I've kind of gotten over LoL as well. Dominion is too easy in Singapore's meta, and Normals normally get me more frustrated over my solo queue team not learning when laning phase is over; premade 5s are almost always a win as a result. As a matter of fact, Lulu is the only champion I've ever seriously considered getting a skin for simply because it also modifies the look of the whimsied target, making it the only case of forcing other people to appreciate your skin :D

That said, my only fun in LoL at the moment is playing Lulu in a variety of ridiculous positions for the fun of it, including support bot, jungle attack speed, ability power mid, jungle support and attack damage. She's actually really fun to play (approaching Ahri levels of dickery) AP or Support, although the capacity to damage the opponent(s) from any number of possible targets around him with Help Pix > Glitterlance as AP Lulu is priceless.

But I'm now playing Dungeons and Dragons Online with my DnD friends, when we're not playing the card game for A Game of Thrones. Three for three in that last one, although it's largely through actual player trickery that I've been able to win, so I can't help but feel a little dirty about it when I do.
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

AYC wrote:Haha, you're just like my roommate. She bought Riven without ever playing her before, and then found out she was really, really terrible with her.
I'm pretty good with Riven. She's my go-to champ for when I get sick of losing.

I originally bought Riven because I've been pondering the concept of a combo-based Champion for the longest time. Plus when you play her, you feel like you're playing an oldschool hack-n-slash like the Ys games.

The only reason I got the skin was more for collection's sake. It seems like one of those ones they'd make limited just to make people pump out more money. She's one of my most played champs anyway. And yea, anyone could have gotten a bunny girl skin, but they had to have her for some reason. I would have much rather had the FF advent children skin, or something equally cool.

But yea, I've stopped playing LoL. During its prime, I used to play at least one game almost every night with friends over Skype. That's mostly because I live so far away to go to school that it's the only way I could "hang out" with them.

A running joke among us is that LoL is an utterly terrible game (and it is, in many ways), but we still keep playing it because we have suicidal tendencies. Nowadays, not so much, but we still go back to it from time to time. Seriously though, the community is sickening, and it's a type of genre that just breeds the worst kinds of people.
marcien

Post by marcien »

so i am going to a 413 homestuck day meet-up today with tsuki. i may appear like i have too much time on my hands to do this when i have SO MUCH WORK to do, but

i. have. An. ULTERIOR. MOTIVE.

because. there. Will Be. COSPLAYERS.

y'know what that means? Free Models. PHOTOGRAPHY SUBJECTS.

I GET TO TAKE PICTURES OF PPL WITHOUT APPEARING LIKE A CREEPER.

yes, photography assignment on a homestuck meet. HELL YES.
SavviG

Post by SavviG »

martia wrote:so i am going to a 413 homestuck day meet-up today with tsuki. i may appear like i have too much time on my hands to do this when i have SO MUCH WORK to do, but

Don't forget to post them up on your Tumblr. :D
Started reading Homestuck last night. Its quite funny in some ways. Very cool in some parts.

Hmm, I think I'll leave it at that now. Otherwise, I get stuck in it. hurhuhur.
Twitter SavviMaple
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

martia wrote:so i am going to a 413 homestuck day meet-up today with tsuki. i may appear like i have too much time on my hands to do this when i have SO MUCH WORK to do, but

Watch out for those penises.
Sentrovasi

Post by Sentrovasi »

My friend's birthday was actually on the same day. It was great for him because he loves Homestuck. However, he also is interning at an architectural firm and works something like 14 hours a day. So... yeah. Still, it's pretty cool that there's something like that in Singapore. I didn't even know about it! Just went over to my friend's house today for a lack of stuff to do.

I keep feeling us people in Singapore should meet up again sometime. Probably getting this feeling because I'm going to Durham soon and won't get the chance again :P
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

So pottermore is turning out to be an awful distraction. I don't like how you have to choose your username though. I guess they can't exactly have wizards named BigBlackPenis420XXX going around.

StoneStrike27324 is mine. Add me!

I also wish you could have more choices of familiars. I have a screech owl because that one was most like Hailey. It looks pissed off 24/7. We have a pygmy owl Panzer (who shares my sister's name, go figure), but those look friendlier.

I'm also in Slytherine. Would have rather liked Ravenclaw for the Hailey motif, but whatever.

You can't choose your fate.
SavviG

Post by SavviG »

Pictor wrote:So pottermore is turning out to be an awful distraction. I don't like how you have to choose your username though. I guess they can't exactly have wizards named BigBlackPenis420XXX going around.

StoneStrike27324 is mine. Add me!

I also wish you could have more choices of familiars. I have a screech owl because that one was most like Hailey. It looks pissed off 24/7. We have a pygmy owl Panzer (who shares my sister's name, go figure), but those look friendlier.

I'm also in Slytherine. Would have rather liked Ravenclaw for the Hailey motif, but whatever.

You can't choose your fate.
I agree, a larger choice of familiars (Avatar) would be nice. Infact, won't it be good to upload our own. I guess its better than having someone upload a bigblackpenor. ::/

Sent you a request.

Names RoseflabbergastQuaffleball thing.
RoseQuaffle11096

Those of you in Potter could guess what my familiar (Avatar) is. A black cat, it's yellow eyes stares through your soul.
Twitter SavviMaple
marcien

Post by marcien »

http://alpha-martia.tumblr.com/post/213 ... h-yourself

i was playing with this:
http://porotto.deviantart.com/art/Harry ... 2-79582807

so at pictor's suggestion, i made dolls for my PCs too.

Pictor

Post by Pictor »

Martia and Savvi reblogged an interesting tumblr meme:

When I was in gradeschool, they told us that everyone had a guardian angel over our right shoulders. My immediate reaction was "Cool! I have my own super protector!" Now, I can't help but think how shitty his job must be, looking after an asshat like me. Similarly, I feel dreadfully sorry for whatever "spirit companion" that may have the misfortune of having me as its charge.

I'm so sorry, Hana no Kitsune-san. I can't help if I'm allergic to you.