LN Character Cards, or, How Pictor Does Everything Wrong

Discuss and share your art work.
Pictor

LN Character Cards, or, How Pictor Does Everything Wrong

Post by Pictor »

I'm messing around with a new way to sketch and color in photoshop, so I drew some little character cards.

I'll probably do a whole series of them with all (or most) of the characters. They'll be posted as I churn them out. It's a nice way to kill time when procra-taking a break from a hard night of studying nonstop.

I tried my best to stick to source material (i.e. the character portraits on the wiki). As you may have surmised, I have no idea how any of the characters look below the shoulders (unless there's such a picture of them on the wiki, of course), or what color anything is so I took some liberties. Feel free to yell at me if it looks ugly, but I'll probably be too lazy to change anything.

Once I get a good collection of em going, I might compile everything into a big poster or something. There's a lot of AWOL characters and players, so I'll stick to the active characters as priority.

Mirto:
(...I thought she looked pretty good with minty hair. I should also mention that I have the hardest time drawing legs of the female persuasion.)

Jacket:
(Gave him a comb-over so he looked less generic and silly. Now featuring dual-donkey ears. Poor Jacket, how could anyone think a dude like you could be a villain?)

Mini Jacket:
(Not really a proper character card. But whatever.)

Randall Kayne:
(Pebbleton's favorite odd job's man, currently dressed for his night shift at the museum. It's the classic "Yea I'm wearing a uniform, but I still don't give a %$#@" look. I bet this guy has the ladies flocking to him in droves. DROVES I tell ya!)

Sophia/ Oriole:
(HNNNNNNNNNNG... DIABETES!! Probably the most saccharine picture I've ever drawn. I really liked the way her gradient hair turned out.)

Graciel:
(Shoot to kill! I'm terrible at foreshortening too!)
Last edited by Pictor on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:06 am, edited 11 times in total.
marcien

Re: LA Character Cards, or, How Pictor Does Everything Wrong

Post by marcien »

*screams like a fangirl*

hahaha i'm always a fan of your artwork and the way you draw characters, pictor. they looks so cute and so cool.

also, i like this subforum having life again
[img]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/1452/assignment23.jpg[/img]
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

martia wrote:*screams like a fangirl*

hahaha i'm always a fan of your artwork and the way you draw characters, pictor. they looks so cute and so cool.

Aww, thanks! And yea, I thought of posting these in the RP discussion, but then decided to throw em in here just to stir up some activity in these dusty caverns.

I guess I'll update the pictures in the first post, and just give a shoutout whenever a new one pops up.

Speaking of which, I made another one.
SavviG

Post by SavviG »

martia wrote:*screams like a fangirl*

couldn't agree with you more. I like Pictors art a lot. Everytime I see them, they're always so refreshing to look at. :)
Twitter SavviMaple
Sentrovasi

Post by Sentrovasi »

I'll third that notion, haha. I really like the dynamic-ness. And everyone loves procrastination :3
Pasonia

Post by Pasonia »

I did a sketch of Martin holding on to Lanette's gavel in my free time... then realised no matter how I draw it won't be as awesome as what Pictor has already done.

sobs.
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

WHOOO! UPDATE!
marcien

Post by marcien »

Pictor wrote:Sophia/ Oriole:
(HNNNNNNNNNNG... DIABETES!! Probably the most saccharine picture I've ever drawn. I really liked the way her gradient hair turned out.)
good good. we have plenty of sour (sarcasm) and unami (HAM) already, so sweet (cute) is good taste to add to the mix!!

now we wait for bitter and salty. wait, martia's not making sense.

neeways, SO CUTE. I WANT TO BRING HER HOME. ah. she's in my comp already.
[img]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/1452/assignment23.jpg[/img]
SavviG

Post by SavviG »

They are awesome!
Oriole looks so cute!

You did a great job on Graciel's hair, its like how I would've imagined it to be XD
Twitter SavviMaple
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

Drew Mini Jacket.

He's not really a proper character card.
MidNightMagnificent

Post by MidNightMagnificent »

martia wrote:
Pictor wrote:Sophia/ Oriole:
!now we wait for bitter and salty. wait, martia's not making sense.

Bitter, and salty? Be careful what you wish for because you've just introduced this pervert to the playground. Haha. Salty. I can see so many possibilities here. None of which are particularly PG, or even NC16, for that matter.

Do you know that one of my lecturers has actually BANNED me from using the words like, "blow" and "come"?! (Just because I make them "sound dirty coming out of my mouth".) So, now, whenever I need to get someone over to my computer station to help with something, I gotta yell at them, "Get yo ass over here." Which seems worse, actually, but what the Hell. Don't like that tight-assed Old Fart anyway.
[color=#400080]"I do not live in the world of reality."~MidNight[/color]