Lamentable Nights Art

Discuss and share your art work.
marcien

Re: Lamentable Nights Art

Post by marcien »

now that we're done assigning, martia can start kicking ass.

Wave 0 - Own time own target
AYC:
Leuel
Lilia
Savvi:
Cyanate
Count: 3

Wave 1 - Start these first. They are characters that others need.
Seir:
Noa
Tsuki:
Redmist
Johker:
M
AYC:
Threads
Pictor:
Dog-Lamp (and Thousand)
Jacket
martia:
Hyder
Feradine
Count: 9

Wave 2
Seir:
Benzene
Tsuki:
Lucifer (requires Dog-Lamp)
Johker:
Kayte (requires Redmist)
AYC:
Palmarr and Noco's daughter (requires Dog-Lamp)
Mirto (requires Jacket)
Savvi:
Graciel+Blacky (requires Threads)
Hailey (requires Redmist)
Pictor:
Lin (requires Threads)
Lanette (requires Noa)
Sanae (requires M)
martia:
Diesel
Count: 11 + 9 = 20

Wave 3
Seir:
Tethys (requires Noa and Lucifer)
Palmarr (requires his daughter)
Tsuki:
Alkane (requires Hyder)
Johker:
Cassius (requires Graciel)
AYC:
Randall (requires Diesel)
Savvi:
Martin (requires Sanae)
Pictor:
Lisken'Pell (requires Mirto)
martia:
Heisel (requires Kayte and Diesel)
Count: 11 + 9 + 8 = 28

Wave 4
Tsuki:
Bel'Tagus (requires Randall and Lisken'Pell)
Savvi:
Noco (requires Palmarr and daughter)
Pictor:
Robots (requires Benzene)
martia:
Sophia (requires Martin)
Count: 11 + 9 + 8 + 4 + 3 = 35

How are we doing this
  • Digital Artists
    everyone see this:
    Pictor wrote:Also, here's a higher res version, in case anyone wants/needs it:
    http://i.imgur.com/F7qml.jpg
    you open that picture in photoshop, and resize it at least by 250%. then draw over that picture as reference. if you give me anything smaller i will internet-kill you i will make you redo. (bigger is okay.)
  • Traditional Artists
    draw the character with a height of at least A5 (210mm). scan in 300dpi. clean up your drawing nicely, colour if you want. mask your character out (transparent/alpha channel).
  • draw in whatever style you like. every character different style, i don't care. colour is optional. whatever you do, as long as it is something you are proud of, then it's okay.
  • character height/pose is reference. feel free to improvise, whatever makes the character in-character.
  • when you are done, send an email to martia with your work. (martianunicorn at gmail dot com) in psd or tga format. martia will QC, then send them to the next person who requires your work.
  • no deadline. do it at a pace you are comfortable with. but not too long or i will kick your ass
  • got questions, ask the guy who created that chara. or just post here
[img]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/1452/assignment23.jpg[/img]
SavviG

Post by SavviG »

All right!
Wave 0!

Cyanate :D

I'm on it! going to test out me new tablet. I already has made the picture big o.o;
Maybe too big... kekeke.
Twitter SavviMaple
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

I'm not in wave 0 ._.

Please give me an excuse not to do schoolwork.
SavviG

Post by SavviG »

Pictor wrote:I'm not in wave 0 ._.

Why not do a couple of sketch ideas for the Thousand Blights?
Get a head start :3

--

Martia, is the 250% enlargement a strict rule?
I see the benefits for when putting it all together. I think this should be a standard size to work with. (Digital artiists)

--

@AYC, Cyanate, how tall is he? Is he as tall as the unbuttoned dude in the template? (Roa-Shiki)

WIP of Cyanate :3
(Based off Martia's drawing on Wiki)
Twitter SavviMaple
AYC

Post by AYC »

Probably not that tall, I would say that's more of Benzene's height. Cyanate is probably a little shorter.

Hopefully I'll start on Threads some time this week. Yes maybe probably? @Sent: Do you have any parameters for Threads for his bottom half? (I guess I'll probably working off the sketch Pictor did previously of him for the top half?)
marcien

Post by marcien »

SavviG wrote:Martia, is the 250% enlargement a strict rule?
I see the benefits for when putting it all together. I think this should be a standard size to work with. (Digital artiists)
as long as it's 250% or more, it shld be fine. since i foresee having to resize the character accordingly, and not everyone may be proportional to each other.
SavviG wrote:WIP of Cyanate :3
when i said you can draw in whatever style you like, you went and picked shoujo manga style right.

hahaha. neeways, i think that cyanate shld be half-a-head shorter than roa-shiki. also, i think you need to give him more rabid/crazy eyes. because he is a violent psycho panzer =DD
Sentrovasi

Post by Sentrovasi »

Pictor wrote:I'm not in wave 0 ._.

Pictorrrr I asked Martia about it and Wave 1 is basically more important than Wave 0; Wave 0 are the low priority ones which don't need to be done soon since nobody else relies on them, so you're entirely free to procrastinate as much as you'd like.

AYC well... I guess his bottom half would be proportionate to his top half? I have no idea, just as long as he has a lot of strange clothing items on him, I guess. Apparently from what I wrote on the wiki a long time ago he wears "faded white pants" under everything else, but how much more faded can white pants get? Hmm.
SavviG

Post by SavviG »

martia wrote:
SavviG wrote:WIP of Cyanate :3
when i said you can draw in whatever style you like, you went and picked shoujo manga style right.

hahaha. neeways, i think that cyanate shld be half-a-head shorter than roa-shiki. also, i think you need to give him more rabid/crazy eyes. because he is a violent psycho panzer =DD
I got feedback~ =D

Is it really that shoujo (*looks at drawing, oh, um...*)? Oh boy... I blame the eyes... (and those trinkles hahaha)

That would be interesting, shoujo face with rabid crazy eyes! >:]
Twitter SavviMaple
Tsuki

Post by Tsuki »

Thanks for the named copy, Savvi!

I'm not yet done with Redmist yet but am I doing right?Image
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

Tsuki wrote:Thanks for the named copy, Savvi!

Martia would probably say that he wouldn't be sticking up a peace sign, but otherwise he looks pretty spot-oh.

As she told me, he's a character who "Does use exclamations and doesn't use contractions", if that gives you an idea to his personality.
Tsuki

Post by Tsuki »

Pictor wrote:
Tsuki wrote:Thanks for the named copy, Savvi!

Martia would probably say that he wouldn't be sticking up a peace sign, but otherwise he looks pretty spot-oh.

As she told me, he's a character who "Does use exclamations and doesn't use contractions", if that gives you an idea to his personality.
aw dang I've already finished the pic but I can do another one. *u*. I'm getting his personality hhmmm
marcien

Post by marcien »

Tsuki wrote:
Pictor wrote:Martia would probably say that he wouldn't be sticking up a peace sign, but otherwise he looks pretty spot-oh.

aw dang I've already finished the pic but I can do another one. *u*. I'm getting his personality hhmmm
nahh it's okay!! redmist might have been doing stupid things when he is fresh out of the bathtub or something, then got caught on camera as hailey jumped in from the window. or hailey was trolling him with panzershop. then she saves that image and uses a projector to have him posing like that while she stands beside. (like how assassin was a cardboard cutout in the video)

as i was telling pictor, i feel like drawing an omake that shows up after the whole thing. it will be a picture of a lump underneath a pile of blankets on the bed.

and now that tsuki is done with redmist,
martia wrote:Johker:
Kayte (requires Redmist)
Savvi:
Hailey (requires Redmist)
johker is having exams though, so he wont be able to draw for a while. but SAVVI!! you can start on hailey. i've emailed tsuki's file to you.

and since you guys are all posting WIPs, here's mine

Pictor

Post by Pictor »

ATTENTION ALL COLLABORATORS.

Tsuki was the first to finish her picture, and she has taken the liberty to use a TOP RIGHT light source.

Please, for the sake of all things right and holy, either do your best to maintain this in your works, or make the lighting as neutral as possible. If you've crossed the point of no return, it's alright. Just do it for anything new from now on.

Otherwise it'll bother me very slightly.

Thank you for your time.
martia's add-on: actually, i thought tsuki's lighting for redmist is fairly neutral. so everyone should treat the lighting like a cool daylight. meaning how shadows behave like when your character is standing out in the middle of nowhere at noon.
Also:

Seir, how will you be drawing Noa?
Last edited by marcien on Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: yes guys, martia is a mod
AYC

Post by AYC »

Good thing I have no intention at the moment to color. ._.
martia wrote:
Tsuki wrote:
Pictor wrote:Martia would probably say that he wouldn't be sticking up a peace sign, but otherwise he looks pretty spot-oh.

nahh it's okay!! redmist might have been doing stupid things when he is fresh out of the bathtub or something, then got caught on camera as hailey jumped in from the window. or hailey was trolling him with panzershop. then she saves that image and uses a projector to have him posing like that while she stands beside. (like how assassin was a cardboard cutout in the video)

as i was telling pictor, i feel like drawing an omake that shows up after the whole thing. it will be a picture of a lump underneath a pile of blankets on the bed.
Or alternatively Hailey has some crazy artists skills and either drew/photo-manipulated Redmist into that pose. It is a cardboard cutout, after all. No one says it has to be candid!

Preliminary sketch for Threads:
Camera phone because I'm too lazy to start up the scanner. I'll probably do a few more drafts until I submit-ish.
marcien

Post by marcien »

pictor - are you going to add the thousand coming out from the doglamp?
AYC wrote:Preliminary sketch for Threads:

Camera phone because I'm too lazy to start up the scanner. I'll probably do a few more drafts until I submit-ish.
i think you can move his right arm a little outwards towards the left to give him more shoulder =))
MotMithra

Post by MotMithra »

Pictor wrote:Also:

Seir, how will you be drawing Noa?
What do you mean by "how"?
If you're asking what she's going to look like, I can probably get a sketch done sometime tomorrow.
If you're asking whether I'm doing it traditionally or digitally, I'll be doing it digitally.

OH. And how tall is she? o-o
..And that goes for the other people I'm supposed to draw later on, too.
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

Seir wrote: What do you mean by "how"?
If you're asking what she's going to look like, I can probably get a sketch done sometime tomorrow.
If you're asking whether I'm doing it traditionally or digitally, I'll be doing it digitally.

OH. And how tall is she? o-o
..And that goes for the other people I'm supposed to draw later on, too.
Hmm, I meant how she's gonna be in "contact" with the person before her, since I'm drawing Lanette. Kohaku is swinging a carrot around, but that'd be kinda silly.

However, since Redmist got done first, I think we should use him as a base reference. I'd say that she's about a head-and-a-half shorter than Redmist. You'd have to get Sent to confirm, though.
Sentrovasi

Post by Sentrovasi »

The problem is I have no idea how tall Redmist is. Noa's slightly taller than Tethys, standing at roughly 166 cm (5'5"), with the latter just two centimeters shorter (5'4").
marcien

Post by marcien »

Pictor wrote:However, since Redmist got done first, I think we should use him as a base reference. I'd say that she's about a head-and-a-half shorter than Redmist. You'd have to get Sent to confirm, though.
Sentrovasi wrote:The problem is I have no idea how tall Redmist is. Noa's slightly taller than Tethys, standing at roughly 166 cm (5'5"), with the latter just two centimeters shorter (5'4").
don't worry so much about the height, actually. everyone's using a different style, so there are bound to be discrepencies. when i do my magic compositing thingy i will have to resize accordingly anyway.

so just use the original marble phantasm as reference for height. for me i would say that noa and tethys are about a quarter head taller than kohaku and hisui.
Seir wrote:..And that goes for the other people I'm supposed to draw later on, too.
palmarr is huge. as tall as nero (the one who is supposed to be doglamp).
and AYC said benzene's as tall as roa-shiki (the guy who is supposed to be cyanate).

LN Carnival Phantasm Project
Progress Update:

Wave 0
Savvi: Cyanate - WIP
AYC: Leuel and Lilia

Wave 1
Seir: Noa - WIP
Tsuki: Redmist - Done!
Johker: M
AYC: Threads - Done!
Pictor: Dog-Lamp - Done!
(and Thousand) - WIP
Jacket - Done!
martia: Hyder and Feradine - WIP

Wave 2
Seir: Benzene
Tsuki: Lucifer (requires Dog-Lamp) - WIP
Johker: Kayte (requires Redmist)
AYC: Palmarr and Noco's daughter (requires Dog-Lamp)
Savvi: Graciel+Blacky (requires Threads)
Hailey (requires Redmist) - Done!
Pictor: Lin (requires Threads) - WIP
Lanette (requires Noa) - WIP
martia: Diesel

Wave 3
Seir: Tethys (requires Lucifer) - WIP

Completed: 5/35
In-progress: 8
Queuing: 7
Untouched: 35 - 20 = 15
MotMithra

Post by MotMithra »

Pictor wrote:Hmm, I meant how she's gonna be in "contact" with the person before her, since I'm drawing Lanette. Kohaku is swinging a carrot around, but that'd be kinda silly.
Oh. Uh.
Well, I don't really know what she would do, since I don't follow the RP. I read the wiki page on the twins, and just decided to go with whatever words or phrases stuck out.
"teenage celebrities" --> singing --> replace broom!fishing rod with a microphone.
Here's a really rough sketch of just the pose. (The Tethys sketch is just a placeholder/mental justification of that weirdass pose.)
Y/N?