Discuss and share your art work.
Pictor

Re: Lamentable Nights Art

Post by Pictor »

Oh boy, who's this?

Pictor

Post by Pictor »

You guys are always saying I change Lanette's looks too much. How about some more?!
  1. Stayed up too late watching scary movies. Couldn't sleep the entire night.
  2. Fake tsundere mode. "I-It's not like I'm beating you up for your sake or anything! Haha, maybe something like that?"
  3. Secret unlockable festival costume? "Hehe... maybe this is a bit too girly on somebody like me..."
  4. Blast from the past!
  5. Full ojou-sama mode. Probably the way she looked back home. Apparently like this, she's a splitting image of her mother.
  6. "Yo! I'm gonna kick your a -er... butt. I said butt."
Drawing is like ice-cream or chocolate for me.

Cheers me up a little if I binge while feelin' a little blue.
marcien

Post by marcien »

kahfklh;lalds;lafl i want to see a hailey version of that
[img]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/1452/assignment23.jpg[/img]
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

Made a new profile picture for Lin along with her updated wiki page.

I think, after all the dynamic action in the Dread Drastic picture, I'm alright with just drawing static bodyshots of people standing around looking pretty. Or, uh, scary.

Also, here's what the Lesser Reaper that Lin was fused with looks like.

Yes, it's a dragon. What did you expect?

(50 silhouettes were harmed during the making of this picture.)
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

1. It's long! About 250cm or so! There's a hole halfway down.
  2. Turn it inward and stuff the two "tails" into the hole, so they trail out the back. The zippers should face outward, obviously!
  3. Tie a big ol' knot so it doesn't slip through.
  4. Wrap it around yourself in a dramatic fashion, and zip it up nice and snug.
  5. Keep calm and justice on!
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

Here's the Mecha Martia asset I used in all her glory without the obstructing visuals.

I'll probably end up doing a proper poster image or something later. Flash is really clunky when it comes to rendering images.

I sense an AU coming on with all the attention I've poured into this.
marcien

Post by marcien »

we should combine this with the fate thing. the martia mecha is a berserker mech. the pictor mecha is lancer. savvi is saber.

i don't know about the others. (their shindanmaker results doesn't fit them as well as martia/pictor/savvi's did.) ayc could either be assassin or caster. no wait, johker shld be the assassin since he posts like he has presence concealment. i think sent may be an archer, he does seem like one to have independent action. paso shld be a rider since he seems to like to charging into things.
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

Mad Hooder? More like Mad Swagger.
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

I was flipping through my old drawings again and noticed two designs that were pretty neat, but I've completely forgotten. What better way to welcome them back than redesign them for the LN universe?

First one is Faeyaliere. Old version (circa 2006) is here. A complete redesign, mostly.

She's a Stray who looks like a mechanical doll/ crash test dummy. Her form conversion element is Moonlight. It's a mysterious power that changes effects depending on whether its night or day. During the day, or when the sun is shining, Faeyaliere's powers is a soothing aura that heals wounds and clears the mind of fears and doubt, strengthening one's fighting resolve. However when night falls, or when the sun becomes obscured, Moonlight becomes a deadly force that brutally lacerates her targets and inflicts them with nightmarish visions hallucinations.

She may appear demure, but appearances can be deceiving! Faeyaliere is a whimsical prankster who loves to poke (mostly harmless) fun at others. She enjoys talking like a robot and does it all the time just to string others along, even though she really isn't one. She also loves to make robotic puns that only she finds funny. In fact, it tends to grind people's gears, but in her opinion, they've got to learn to be less mechanical and just enjoy the joke. Underneath her fun-loving pneumatics however, is a hidden side that shows only when she uses her powers at night. In a nutshell, it's a pretty scary berserker mode that relishes in bloodshed and making victims scream. Not very subtle, is it?

Well, neither is the moon when full.

Second is Baska. He doesn't have an old picture because it was drawn on paper, and my scanner is busted.

Baska is a mako shark Panzer. He is Faeyaliere's partner, though only in terms of being a team; Panzers and Strays can't bond. The first thing you'll notice is that he's TOUGH. Everything about this guy is TOUGH as nails. He grew up in a bad neighborhood as the only aquatic half-beast, so he got picked on a lot as kids just love to single out people who are different in the slightest ways and beat them into the dirt for it. By the time Baska moved out, the ones growing fat on dirt meals were those guys. He's a guy who'll bring a knife to a gun fight, use the knife to check his hair, then pummel you to death with his fists.

While everything about Baska just about scares the pants off the average person, he isn't a bad guy; he just has an attitude problem. Baska is actually quite shy, and only acts tough and mean because that's the only thing he's learned how to be. He's trying very hard to soften up a bit so he can appear a little less scary. He even incorporated fruits and veggies into his diet. But when the moments of truth come, he always seems to blow it and end up causing an outburst that soils many-a-pants. It doesn't help that he seems to take offense easily, either, often being quick to anger as soon as he suspects someone is apprehensive of him because of his looks.

Another easily noticeable trait is that he isn't very good at maintaining his human form at all. He can do a full shark form just fine, but the picture is the most comfortably human as he'll get. He has to focus really hard to pull of a decently disguised human form. At least one that'll let him buy beef jerky from the convenience store without someone calling the police. It's also hard to buy shirts that fit his oblong shape... but that's fine. All the better to show off his harpoon wound scar.

Probably not canon or anything. Just for fun.
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

New serialization in Shonen Bump.
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

Quickies drawn during a personal work break. Shitty quality due to scanner being broken.

I really liked how that Lanette turned out for obvious reasons.

A Palmarr. I didn't have the Wiki on me, so this was completely off the top of my head.

Why am I drawing these guys so much, I'm just teasing myself more... AYC talked about drawing them, and I was like "Wait. Me too."

Though Martia might like Fae a little bit more now. Robotic and batshit insane. It's like a deluxe package, almost.
AYC

Post by AYC »

Yup, Pictor is correct!

Have some Faeyaliere and Baska! Doodled after my exam today.

"AHAHAHAHA - Let's... drink some blood together~"

"You little... I'll send you flying!"

I didn't know their color schemes. So yeah.
AYC

Post by AYC »

Man. I've never used so much pink in my life.

Also I very rarely draw Martin. And side profile shots.

Also I wanted to draw LN in suits. Why not start with Sanae and Martin?

The lines are messy because I got... lazy? 2 - 3 hours of my life well spent! ... I hope.
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

Aww. Ain't no love like S&M.

Wait, what?
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

Pictor

Post by Pictor »

They say a good ruler stands among his people and not over them.

Woke up a little earlier than I anticipated and did a doodle.
marcien

Post by marcien »

i found an old animation that i forgot about

or for the flash - http://megaswf.com/serve/2482009/
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

Drawing Mirto cheers me up, so that's exactly what I did.

Apparently this looks like an older Mirto. Perhaps she went somewhere snowy for University. To guys around campus, she's known as an undate-able girl, because guys who don't treat her right end up getting trashed by a dark and mysterious being once the sun sets...

Mirto herself is completely oblivious to these happenings.
SavviG

Post by SavviG »

LNxSTRAYCATS!?

Sophia (Oriole) and Jacket in maid Uniforms.

"Welcome to StrayCats Master~♪"

(I appologise for it being so large for the board).
Twitter SavviMaple
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

Seren, Baska's "little sister". She's a 14-year-old stingray Panzer; as a species, they are related to sharks. Baska and Seren aren't actually related by blood, though.

Baska's father was a deadbeat drunk who ran out on his only son one day after selling him off to thugs in order to save his own life. However, once he sobered up, he realized what he had done and was overcome with guilt. He collapsed by the side of the road, and was saved by a homeless tramp girl, who helped him despite being dangerously sickly herself.

Seren, the little girl, was a Panzer who had no animal half. This was common in the rogue slums, as they did not have access to the procedure that fused them to an animal soul as HQ citizens did. Ether is naturally toxic to Panzers that do not have an animal half to help them remain immune. As such, many children who cannot obtain an animal soul die young. Somehow, Seren was able to eke out a living, though she was perpetually weak and probably could not last long.

Wanting desperately to repay the girl's kindness, as well as seeking redemption for his own sins, Baska's father risked his own life in order to secure a soul fusion operation for the little girl. However, the deal was a sham. The operation was a shoddy job that made Seren's body unstable. While she was no longer affected by Ether's toxic effects to Panzers, she was wracked with constant pain unless she regularly took an enhancement drug called "Chalk". The shady dealers agreed to supply Seren with a regular supply of Chalk, if Baska's father could afford the upkeep.

The man worked himself to the bone in order to maintain the life of the girl he'd come to love as his own daughter. However, eventually, when he was unable to continue paying for the drug supply, the dealers simply executed the poor man, and sold the little girl off to local gangsters.

Years later, a powerful group called the Have-Nots quickly rose to power within the rogue slums. It is said that within their ranks was an enforcer unlike any other. Those who crossed the Have-Nots were marked by this monstrous individual, and would simply disappear over the span of a single night.

Seren is a grim and cynical individual. Even at her age, she's seen and experienced things that would most likely cause regular grown men to whimper bleakly while wetting themselves. Due to the effects of the drug called Chalk - which she needs in order to stabilize her improperly fused souls - she's also borderline psychotic, and is not only prone to violent tendencies, but enjoys them as well. She blows out brains and rips out spines on the way to grab a fast-food burger. She's also a bit of a weapons freak; to her, an armory is like Santa's workshop. Above all else, Seren hates those who live naive and sheltered lives, yet attempt complain about suffering. She also despises Baska's guts as well, as he has no respect for the man they both call "father". While she loved the man, Baska can only think of him as a worthless scumbag who left his own son for dead. Their differing perceptions of their parent figure often leads to bitter arguments that usually end up destroying whatever room they happen to be in.

Seren fights by wielding a pair of large, twin-barreled cannons. They pack an enormous amount of close-range firepower, akin to grenade launchers. Both cannons are also armed with large bayonet attachments. Stabbity stab, slicety slice. Her stingray tail also houses poisonous barbs that cause debilitating pain and temporarily paralyzes the muscles it strikes.