for dumping of any other kinds of art.

Discuss and share your art work.
marcien

for dumping of any other kinds of art.

Post by marcien »

i'm a bit lazy to make a thread just for me. (i think some of you guys too) so maybe, it's a general dump. it's like the non-LN version of the combined art thread.

so yea, we were talking about mecha right?

umm, i think this was drawn some two years ago. when i was (and still is) a mangastudio noob.

(i think i posted this before. 3 years ago...?)

i'm mostly into half-mechanical stuff. like the byronic kind.

and then, i haven't been able to draw normally since the mad scramble for deadlines one month ago. the only thing i did was this:

ugghhh my style seemed to have evolved from manga-ish to some comic/manhua thing.
[img]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/1452/assignment23.jpg[/img]
Pictor

Re: for dumping of any other kinds of art.

Post by Pictor »

The situation's up on Facebook, but not everyone cares enough to have me as a friend (honestly, why would you?), so I'll pathetically attempt to flaunt my stuff here instead.

Anyway I'm making a game, right? Who knows when it will be finished... but for now, I kinda got sick of staring at my own crappy coding, so I decided to take a break from that and work on the creative aspect of the project instead. So here, have some character portraits!

=======

Every writer or artist has their personal cast. The ones that always stay with you, and never go away. This is mine.

These characters were created during 7th grade, from the minds of me and my friends, and all of them began out as stick people on lined paper. Originally, they started out as a gang of superheroes dedicated to fighting the ultimate evil menace; our homeroom teacher in the form of a demonic dragon. Each character used to be based on one of the group of friends, and we called "ourselves" the "League of Extraordinary Students", or L.O.E.S. for short. Eventually, they grew to become personalities of their own, but each one of us still connects to their "own" character. Throughout the years, they've been through countless wacky adventures, both on and off paper. It'd take me forever to describe them all. I'm sure there's a folder somewhere in my mess of a room with a large collection of old comics I drew, but even then it doesn't fully describe the scale of presence these guys had in my life.

They've been with me through some big changes . Artstyle choices, lifestyle choices... you name it. When I was a kid, they were stick figures doing nutty things on the back of mathematics handouts. During my angsty High School days, as my skills improved, they crafted themselves onto handouts of slightly higher educational caliber. And now, they're here... in all their glory, each with a brand new look. These guys are special to me. I feel like they've always been there... and for better or for worse, they always will be. Even if the game doesn't get made.

Damn, I'm actually getting kinda nostalgic, heh heh...

Ah yes, although this is the "initial" cast, there'll be more coming. At least one more main character and perhaps some NPC's. Our own friendly neighborhood Shadow Buster will be part of the roster. I know she has... well, at least one fan around here! Soooo... more art a-comin'

Maybe.
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

"Darkness... it perforates the city like a rampant miasma."
"But it is always darkest before the dawn."
"And the light... IT COMES NOW!"
"Down from the heavens, a violet streak cuts across the chilling air!"
"Your cries for help... have been answered!"
"Passing judgment upon all those who wish to do harm..."
"The Scarlet Sentry!"
"The Dashing Cardinal!"
"Striking Gavel of Justice..."

"Shadow Buster... Lanette! At your service!"

Pictor

Post by Pictor »

I think this might be the first piece of legitimate "fanart" I've ever done. Save for the ones I've done for NNK, anyway.

Also, I'm currently working on another grand piece. The idea is a gigantic group picture of every major character I've ever thought up.

Since I (kinda) like drawing and hate studying, I've worked up a rewards program for myself. Once I complete X hours of studying, I earn the right to add one more character to the collection. It's really lame, but whatever, so far it's getting me to work.
marcien

Post by marcien »

Image second time drawing on android. it's a nothing-better-to-do-while-travelling self-imposed challenge thing. i think it looks pretty not bad.
marcien

Post by marcien »

I. Am.
MISSILE!!

this is the pose i imagine he makes to stare at lynne/kamila to beg for dinner.
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

Or at any other time.

Since he only has one sprite for every situation.

I haven't drawn in so long.

I should draw something.

Should, being the key word.

And I'm not a very responsible person.

So much for that idea, I guess.
SavviG

Post by SavviG »

Pictor wrote:Or at any other time.

Since he only has one sprite for every situation.

I haven't drawn in so long.

I should draw something.

Should, being the key word.

And I'm not a very responsible person.

So much for that idea, I guess.
Sounds, sounds like the majority hahaha!
Twitter SavviMaple
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

SHAFT head-tilt.

The character isn't anyone in particular. Although she could be.
marcien

Post by marcien »

my drawing form detoriates after my proj semester
SavviG

Post by SavviG »

I drew this lineart and I am trying to colour it :O
Yes, its Digimon related (Sorta).

Edit::
Done.
I sorta lost the touch in colouring it in for some reason at the end. :O

Twitter SavviMaple
AYC

Post by AYC »

2012 Pixiv Art Meme. It might be a little early, but who knows what'll be happening at the end of the month. The world could be ending tomorrow... or I might forget. Yeah.

Jan - Threads v. Carnival Phantasm
Feb - Sophia. I think this was the first picture I drew with a tablet.
Mar - Graciel. For Savvi's birthday.
Apr - Mirto vs. Jacket. For some reason I think this was my favorite picture of the year, lol.
May - Swimsuit Leuel, as a joke/incentive.
Jun - A character for someone else's story.
Jul - One of my old characters, drawn again after like what, four years?
Aug - Fate/NNK Caster. I started using Paint Tool Sai around here, I think.
Sep - Another character from someone else's story. I actually drew the most during this month.
Oct - Festival Lanette. I think I only did pencil sketches in this month.
Nov - More Lanette.
Dec - Crimezone Reaper. Awesomely retarded villain turned superhero.

I haven't drawn much lately... and I didn't realize that I only started using a tablet this year until I was digging through my folders. Huh, could have sworn it was longer.
Pasonia

Post by Pasonia »

I think this is my *only* properly copic'd artwork of the year, but it's probably nothing to shout about, usual story.

I just used a certain character from my story, and transplanted her into my fave footie team's kit.

marcien

Post by marcien »

my turn

(wow i hate photobucket it makes everything crappier and the new site really sucks too. better quality on tumblr http://martianunicorn.tumblr.com/post/39298753573)

although, there is no freaking improvement. at all.
SavviG

Post by SavviG »

Doodle Year for me. hahaha.
BUT, I drew a lot more at the last few months. :3

And, none of my stuff is consistent lol.
Twitter SavviMaple
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

Mine.

I don't see it.
marcien

Post by marcien »

i like pattern animals.

SavviG

Post by SavviG »

That is cool, also reminds me of The World Ends With You sort of thing. They had these animals that had graffity art limbs. Example, a bear that had its arms replaced with colourful graffity pattern arms/claws/paws.

Needs a sequel. X3
Twitter SavviMaple
AYC

Post by AYC »

From OC. Prompt: Draw a character you haven't shown before.

Pictor: Liell Krrg. Surprisingly, not from EoH even though she looks like she fits. A protag from her own IP, though it's so standalone it could fit into just about any high fantasy world.
Her profession is obvious, she's a hunter. Although she hunts just about anything, from monsters to outlaws. She's done quite a few illegal things herself, though.
She's really tough and a brute, in a viking style kind of way. Kill giant monsters, get drunk, pass out on a heap of loot, do it again tomorrow.
Her beastwoman design is just a generic furry mammal, but it's inspired by big cats and badgers. She can produce poison quills from her tail the same way a cat can extend and retract its claws.
Her crowning feat of strength is getting swallowed by a giant armored lizard. She carved through the roof of its mouth and escaped by bursting through its brain and forehead. She keeps a shard of the monster's skull as a shoulderplate.
her fur can bend light and camouflage into her surroundings, but to do that she needs to take off all her armor, which would be silly in most cases
Her personality, she's a hearty person with a big laugh. When she's in a good mood, she'll share her spoils with you even if you're a stranger. If she's in a bad mood, she'll punch the first person who looks at her the wrong way. She's an expert who's learned to never underestimate an opponent even if it's a tiny mouse. She has all sorts of weapons and gear for just about any situation.

AYC: Mao is a loose cannon cop from the doppelganger virus world
She's too crazy to get infected, and she isn't afraid to pull a crazy stunt to catch someone
Kind of yuri?
Also she was the first morally ambiguous character I made
She does crazy things like ride around a motorcycle with a bomb strapped to it (in the box of course). And she leaves it out in the open so when bad guys try to steal it to get away she can just blow them up with it. Among other things
Her best friend was another investigator who got arrested for some other stuff and then got converted to the side of evil. And she forever blames her friend's superior for it
She's a justice freak

martia: Lars, from that post-apoc world dream. that was about half a year ago.
a man who had to kill/absorb 300 ppl inside him. the name Alarsius is a corruption of the name of the project he was part of, Aliases.
he found a monster that took on the form of a child, was about to kill it but stopped after hearing it speak. he adopted it as his child and named it Xenn.
his childhood friend is Kalin, and though they both like each other, it is complicated.

martia EDIT: i made it look like a card