Old Faces

Discuss and share your art work.
Pictor

Old Faces

Post by Pictor »

I revisited some old faces that I missed.

Shiba; your run of the mill Yakuza experiment who turned out to actually be a half decent guy. He also has a device named after me. I would high five him if it wouldn't destroy my arm.

It's Xell! His name itself even screams "created by an edgy adolescent". Luckily for me, someone with a semblance of dignity and common sense (AKA Paso) made it logical by turning it into a shortform nickname for "Xalascent Elliot". After thinking about it, I think I might prefer Xavier Elliot, on account of Xavier being a badass first name. His hair is supposed to be white, although the very first picture I ever drew of him had red hair and I think that looks a little bit livelier. Let's just say he dyes it.

Here's Lena. I wouldn't want to be whoever made her angry. I'll bet it was one of the above two gentlemen. I have no faith in either of them to keep women happy. I think in Kisekino she was left swabbing decks on a ship. Some guy probably thought he was clever by making the female uniforms like that.

Saru and Seth. Double S!

I've forgotten what her name was, and I'm too lazy to check. I know it started with an "S", though, and since I already have too many characters whose names begin with that letter, I'm changing it to "Nhflhwt". It's meant to be horrifically unpronounceable. Like Cthulhu or Nrvnqsr. Call her "Neph" for short.
AYC

Re: Old Faces

Post by AYC »

... I-i-it's... Saiyouno?

I think it's really interesting seeing how much the characters have progressed over the years. It almost makes me want to draw them again. ._.
Pasonia

Post by Pasonia »

Now it's easier to imagine a lot more out of Xell and Shiba.

Maybe I should restart work on it. Again.
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

Pasonia wrote:Now it's easier to imagine a lot more out of Xell and Shiba.

Maybe I should restart work on it. Again.
Haha, half the reason I actually drew this was because I got nostalgic and re-read Kisekino. It's really better the second time around, and much easier to follow. By "restart", did you mean another reboot? Because I think the current events are pretty exciting.

There's a lot more job classes now, too, if you're still using MS as a loose base.
Pasonia

Post by Pasonia »

I am actually considering another complete reboot because of reasons. Really. Even Kisekino didn't seem to work out too well.

But any reboot isn't going to be completely so. I think I'll keep some of the Kisekino story inside if I reboot again.
SavviG

Post by SavviG »

A reboot, you have a reader right here if you did.

As Pictor said, MapleStory now has a few more legend classes and some other classes. Mercedes, Phantom, etc.

Looking back at the older fanarts Pictor drew for the guys, he really improved a lot over the years. You could really use him to redesign a few more and help you out with the reboot. :D
Twitter SavviMaple
Pictor

Post by Pictor »

Pasonia wrote:I am actually considering another complete reboot because of reasons. Really. Even Kisekino didn't seem to work out too well.

But any reboot isn't going to be completely so. I think I'll keep some of the Kisekino story inside if I reboot again.
Mmm, I understand. I thought Lena's story was particular intense, though. The whole fiasco escalated intriguingly well. I was eager to find out how that developed.

Anyway, if this is happening, and you want/ need ideas, I'd be happy to pitch. Been doing some fanonical musings, if you could call it that. Xell in particular, but that was probably obvious. Of course, feel free to use Neph, too. That is, only if it makes sense, haha. I don't want to push things where they aren't intended to go.

HnK, while primarily a Pasonia endeavor, was the first creative fiction we helped weave as a community. It would be a real treat to visit it again now that we've had some years to brew the ideas. I'd be a definite follower of the story, like I've always been.
AYC wrote:... I-i-it's... Saiyouno?

I think it's really interesting seeing how much the characters have progressed over the years. It almost makes me want to draw them again. ._.
Gah, was it? I knew I had a thing for names starting with S. I need to broaden my horizons a bit. But yes, draw them! If you can!

Argh, I'm imagining an LN and HnK crossover now.
Sentrovasi

Post by Sentrovasi »

Haha yes, HnK was even the reason why I first came into the NNK community :3 It all started when Paso and I met on Pangya and discussed our respective Maplestory collaborative fanfictions :D

I remember having to slog through mounds of text just to tell Paso what I found good/bad X3 Good times. Would be interesting to see it retold; the premise was good.

Up to a few years ago in fact, I was actually writing quite a bit of Maplestory fanfiction on other sites; I must say that the setting, while generic, has enough nostalgic value to make using it meaningful. And there are literally so many ways one can run with such a blank cheque of a backstory :)

Would be good to see where any of you go with the idea if you get it off the ground.

Bah, work is so boring. Typing this out in the office because I'm waiting for my boss to finish whatever she's doing so I can present my documents to her :/
Pasonia

Post by Pasonia »

I've decided.

1. I'm rebooting Kisekino, story wise not much changes, but we're going to go towards original IP rather than MS.
2. Characters might take a few changes, and may be relegated to background depending.
3. Hopefully it's the same old campy action =3
Sentrovasi

Post by Sentrovasi »

Pictor wrote:Gah, was it? I knew I had a thing for names starting with S. I need to broaden my horizons a bit.
It's k, I have a thing for names beginning with A. Not so prevalent now, but back in the day :3